Startup Funding | Learn from Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors and CEOs of Disruptive Companies
Another Pitch Competition with Tanya Van Court
Manage episode 168405895 series 1322497
Tanya Van Court is a great example of a person that struck out on a dream to become a success. From modest beginnings as the flash of an idea that was born out of a comment that her daughter made, Tanya has been able to grow iSow into a viable business that has a great ethos and a lot of heart.
Tanya was able to recognize that our society teaches children terrible financial values. The materialism that we learn young follows us into adulthood and can lead to disastrous financial health for some people. Tanya has created a solution to excess in iSow and the success that iSow has enjoyed so far is evidence that it is a learning tool that really works.
Tanya is an incredibly engaging speaker and the wisdom and insights that she shares in this great conversation with Roshawnna will make your day!
Roshawnna and Tanya Discuss:
- 2:00—Tanya shares her background and talks about the beginnings of her company, iSow.
- 5:00 – Tanya details the ethos of iSow.com, which aims to teach children important financial values.
- 9:00 – Tanya talks about some aspects of iSow that she is currently excited about.
- 12:30 – Tanya talks about what she learned from a missed opportunity.
- 14:00 – Tanya talks about how she knew that she was in the right place when she started iSow.
- 15:00 – Tanya discusses her past experiences in Corporate America and how these shaped her into a successful leader of iSow.
- 18:00 – On how the concept of mentorship has changed in recent years, and the importance of finding mentors in various facets of your life.
- 20:00 – On the biggest hurdle that Tanya had to overcome in starting on her journey as an entrepreneur.
- 22:30 -- Tanya talks about how women in her life have helped her to push through difficult times.
- 24:00 – On what makes iSow unique and the powerful lessons that it can bestow on children.
- 29:00 – Tanya discusses the ups and downs of procuring funding for your idea.
- 37:00 -- Tanya gives some advice to founders that are looking to raise capital.
- 40:00 – Tanya relays a mantra that gets her through the tough days.
- 43:00 – Tanya talks about how she strikes a work/life balance and what her work days look like.