Manage episode 231785475 series 1813863
“I was not scared of the illness itself. I thought, "This is just something that’s happening. It’s not going to be permanent. Either I’ll die or get better — those are the only two options I’m going to give myself."”
When Aimme’s heart raced to 200bpm - even when she wasn’t doing anything - she knew there was something seriously wrong. At the time, the medical community didn’t even have a name for Aimee’s chronic condition - but that turned out to be a blessing.
Aimee’s condition left her drained and debilitated. It was so severe she couldn’t even brush her teeth by herself. Aimee didn’t want to live like this. It wasn’t OK for her; so she made a choice. She knew she’d either die or get better.
Turned out, life wanted the latter for her.
When you’re not boxed in with a label or a specific diagnosis, you’re more able to tune into your own intuition. It’s what Aimee did. She removed toxins from her life, started eating organic, and invested in alternative therapies. The results were astounding. Aimee went from being able to do nothing, to becoming a best-selling author and health optimization consultant who’s currently exploring a variety of exciting projects.
“I never limit myself by telling myself who I am. I just tell myself who I want to be.”
Nowadays, Aimee teaches professionals how to optimize their productivity, energy, and ability to focus by controlling their physical and emotional wellbeing.
I found Aimee’s story so inspiring. It takes incredible courage to cultivate a mindset and willingness to heal yourself - but that’s exactly what Aimee’s been able to do.
And in this episode, she reveals how. So tune in now and discover:
- Why a dream about her grandpa made her realize death can be beautiful - not something to fear
- Why Aimee believes who we are can change everyday
- The importance of empathy for business (and life) and a surprising way to cultivate this ability
- Why fear isn’t irrational - and how you can use fear signals to live better
- The reason you feel better when you’re able to shift someone else’s emotions
And so much more :)
Aimee is an inspiration - not just because of how she navigated her way back from a health rock bottom, but because of her willingness to grow through everything.
She’s an example how life often gives you what you want (in a roundabout way). Listen to the end and you’ll see why her illness actually led to the work she wanted to do back in her teens.
“I view life as a learning experience. We’re here to learn as much as we can before we pass on to the next learning experience.”
How to contact Aimee
- Check out Aimee’s work here - www.aimeetariq.com/
- Follow @AimeeTariq on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Like Aimee’s Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/itsAimeeTariq/
- And join her Facebook Group here - www.facebook.com/groups/1924327701134218/
We thrive on your feedback, so if you’ve enjoyed this show, please rate us and leave us a review. And don’t forget to subscribe to ensure you never miss an episode again.
81 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 51 mins duration .