Manage episode 157831979 series 1233646
Author Nir Eyal joins the podcast for a discussion around his NY Times best-selling book “Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products.” Nir explains the 4-step process around building products that capture people’s attention. From Facebook to WhatsApp to Pinterest – Nyer has spent years contextualizing academic research, applying it to help entrepreneurs build habit-forming products.
Our website with all the archives: http://www.influencereconomy.com/
Nir is a pioneer when it comes to self-publishing. He details the journey of his book becoming a best seller and how his blog, community, and self-published e-book helped land his book on the NY Times list. It’s an amazing story that all writers can learn from.
- How Nir started writing his blog to answer his own questions about how products create habits
- How hearing Mark Zuckerberg speak when Nir was in Stanford business school inspired his curiosity around the hooked model
- How Facebook & WhatsApp nailed the Hooked model
- The difference between vitamins (nice to have) and pain killers (must have) when building products
- A guide to the 4-Step Hooked process: 1) Trigger 2) Action 3) Reward 4) Investment
- How podcasts apps. like Stitcher form habits for their listeners
- The GEM model (Growth, engagement, monetization)
- How Nir’s career transitioned from entrepreneur into story-teller
- How Nir reach the NY Times best-seller list with the help of his community of blog readers
Nir's website and connectig wtih him on Twitter: http://www.nirandfar.com/ https://twitter.com/nireyal
Ryan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ryanjwill
Sign-up to receive Ryan's "How to Guide for Launching Your Podcast" - http://influencereconomy.com/
119 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 40 mins duration .