Manage episode 247765861 series 2458097
What happens when this moderate Democrat attends an African American Church to promote his presidency? Mayor Pete Buttigieg attends the Greenleaf Christian Church where he is asked questions by the audience who wants to know if he is for real.
During this episode you'll hear:
- The religious predestination narrative that links Pete Buttigieg to President Trump in how they have used this one tactic
- How Mayor Pete tries to bring his appeal to African Americans while still speaking to his base of white moderates
- The structure of AB-BA logic and how a quote from the minister turns the crowd to his side
- Can Mayor Pete do thematic appeals as well as Barack Obama? Hear his unity messaging in one of the clips.
- How he backs away from a potentially toxic issue in Iowa to flip the script and invite in a solution
- A potent non-verbal cue he uses that is meant to suggest his likelyhood to become president
- And more!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)