Manage episode 211560188 series 1745938
Best-selling author of Leadership Interrupted: daily inspiration to become the leader you were meant to be, and iAthlete: Impacting Student-Athletes of a Digital Generation, Kevin DeShazo is the founder of Fieldhouse Media. He is a sought after speaker, having presented on over 80 campuses as well is a regular presenter at conferences and conventions, including NACDA, CoSIDA, the NCAA Convention and the Collegiate Athletics Leadership Symposium. He has also been quoted on ESPN.com, The New York Times, USA Today, Forbes, Bleacher Report, Sports Business Journal and a variety of other national and local media outlets. Kevin is also the founder of Culture Wins Championships, helping leaders in the sports industry build a championship culture with their team. Kevin was also honored as an Innovator of the Year for FieldTrack, our web-based platform that monitors social media activity of student-athletes and coaches. Oklahoma City is home for Kevin along with his wife Megan and their three boys, Gabe, Noah and Asher.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- What practical tips coaches need to know about social media
- How student-athletes can use social media as a tool
- Why his new book "Leadership Interrupted" is different than other leadership books
Website for Book: www.LeadershipInterrupted.com
Fieldhouse Twitter: @FieldhouseMedia
Culture Wins Twitter: @CultureWins
Click Here to visit Fieldhouse Media's YouTube channel.
Books by Kevin DeShazo ...
- Leadership Interrupted: Daily Inspiration To Become The Leader You Were Meant To Be
- iAthlete: Impacting Student-Athletes in a Digital Generation
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Tim Elmore (Growing Leaders) - Episode 070
- Tony Gaskins, Jr. (Motivational Speaker) - Episode 057
- Alicia Jessop (Founding Sports) - Episode 047
- Daniel Hare (All-Star Leader Podcast) - Episode 037
- Jeremie Kubicek (GiANT Worldwide) - Episode 017
- Betsy Butterick (Communication Specialist and NCRC Speaker) - Episode 013
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
120 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 32 mins duration .