Manage episode 218577958 series 1745938
Dana Cavalea spent 12 years with the New York Yankees Organization, many of those years as the Director of Strength and Conditioning & Performance Enhancement winning a World Series in 2009.
In addition, he was the recipient of the 2009 MLB Nolan Ryan Award. This award is given to MLB's top Strength Coach as voted by his peers. During his career, Dana has had the opportunity to train greats such as Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Justin Verlander, and more. Currently he is a high performance speaker and consultant to Pro Athletes, Entrepreneurs, Business Executives, Workforces and Universities on lifestyle strategies to reduce stress, improve work/life balance, and most importantly improve daily performance/outcomes. All of this is known as Performance Enhancement. Dana has formulated plans and strategies to improve sleep, reduce pain, lower stress, improve body composition, speed-strength-power, as well as mindset training for maximal performance.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- His journey in Major League Baseball
- Why the Yankees were so successful
- Advice for coaches and parents of athletes
Recommended Books or Authors from Dana:
- Habits of a Champion by Dana Cavalea
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
- The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Joe Torre's Ground Rules for Winners by Joe Torre
- The Leadership Playbook by Jamy Bechler
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Keith Grabowski (Director of Football Operations for USA Football) – Episode 083
- Sue Enquist (Hall of Fame Softball Coach) – Episode 077
- JJ Birden (former NFL Wide Receiver) - Episode 074
- Travis Daugherty (Author of “The Lens” sports parenting book) – Episode 063
- R-Jay Barsh (Head Men’s Basketball Coach at Southeastern University) – Episode 046
- Alan Stein, Jr. (World-class Performance Coach) – Episode 003
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) - Episode 001
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
123 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 32 mins duration .