Manage episode 219071038 series 1745938
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted speaker, commentator, and adviser to some of today's leading organizations faced with the greatest risks.
In 2015, she gave a TEDx talk in Los Angeles where she discussed the secret to successful crisis management in the 21st century. Agnes is the editor of the Crisis Ready Blog, a contributor to Forbes, and a go-to source for the press, with recent coverage including the Wall Street Journal, VIBE Magazine, USA Today, and many others. As a university guest lecturer, Agnes teaches crisis management in university courses around the world, including at NYU and McGill.In today’s episode, we discuss:
- The difference between issues and crisis
- How to prepare for the inevitable crises that will come your way
- Building your brand on social media
- What to do when an issue or a crisis occurs
- How Southwest Airlines and United Airlines handled crises differently
Articles of interest ...
- 7 Questions on Social Media With Melissa Agnes
- Navigating the Social Media Crisis Spectrum
- Crisis Ready – Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World
- Develop a Hashtag Strategy Before a Crisis Strikes
- Equifax's Crisis Response Strategy
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Chris Voss (Former FBI Lead Negotiator) - Episode 081
- Kevin DeShazo (Social Media Expert) - Episode 079
- Justin Maust (John Maxwell Leadership Coach) – Episode 040
- Jeremie Kubicek (Co-Founder of GiANT Worldwide) – Episode 015
- Betsy Butterick (The Coaches’ Coach & Communication Specialist) – Episode 013
- Ryan McCarty (Author of “Build a Culture of Good”) – Episode 007
- Alan Stein (World-Class Performance Coach & Keynote Speaker) – Episode 003
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.