Manage episode 224243308 series 1745938
John Corcoran has worked in Hollywood, written speeches for President Bill Clinton and lost his job when Arnold Schwarzenegger became the Governator. Even though he's lived in California most of his life, he is the world's worst surfer, although he does speak Valley Girl fluently. His day job is working with small business owners and entrepreneurs as a lawyer and business advisor. He created a website called SmartBusinessRevolution.com where he shows small business owners and entrepreneurs how to use relationships to attract more clients, customers and revenues. John’s podcast has been named by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Top 10 Podcasts for Entrepreneurs to Learn Personal Finance From."
In Today's Episode We Discuss:
- Building a network without being sleazy
- How to be the most interesting person in a room
- What it was like to write speeches for President Clinton
- Contributing to an episode of "The West Wing" TV show
- . . . and so much more!!!
Smart Business Revolution Website: Smartbusinessrevolution.com
Smart Business Revolution LinkedIn: Smartbusinessrevolution.com/linkedinprofile
Smart Business Revolution Facebook: Facebook.com/smartbusinessrevolution
Recommended Books ...
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It...and Why the Rest Don't (Rockefeller Habits 2.0) by Verne Harnish
- The Go-Giver, Expanded Edition: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg
- Connect with Influencers: A Step-by-Step System for Getting More Clients & Increasing Your Income by Connecting with VIPs in Any Field by John Corcoran
Articles of Interest ...
- The Bill Clinton Guide to Networking
- How He Grew His Law Firm From The Ground Up (Forbes)
- 3 Business Lessons from the Beaches of Maui
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Jon Gordon (Author of “The Energy Bus”) - Episode 100
- Mike Ganino (Company Culture for Dummies) - Episode 099
- Amy Morin (“13 Things Mentally Strong People Do”) - Episode 060
- Larry Winget (The Pitbull of Personal Development) - Episode 054
- Aaron Walker (Life Coach and Author of “View From the Top”- 058
- Bob Burg (author of "The Go-Giver") - Episode 051
- Jonathan Milligan (Creator of “Blogging Your Passion”) - Episode 033
- Grant Baldwin (Creator of “The Speaker Lab”) - Episode 032
- Bill Coelius (Actor & Creator of The Working Actor Solution) - Episode 025
- Kevin Harrington (original shark on "Shark Tank") - Episode 021
oday’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, Jon Gordon, and Pat Williams. You can also get one of the two best books I have read for networking and relationships - "Everybody Communicates but Few Connect" by John C. Maxwell or "Dig Your Well Before You're Thirsty" by Harvey Mackay. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”
124 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 32 mins duration .