Manage episode 225732863 series 1745938
Bob Wilson served as the athletic director at Vanguard University for more than 20 years. He earned the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Athletic Director of the Year honors twice (2002, 2012). Wilson also coached basketball at the collegiate level for more than 24 years. Wilson served the NAIA in significant ways over the years, including chair of NAIA Region II, chair of the National Administration Council, president of the Basketball Coaches Association, men's basketball rater, and chairman of the NAIA Basketball Tournament. In addition, Wilson served as vice president of the GSAC, and was a member of the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics. He conceptualized the Champions of Character initiative on the Vanguard campus when he created VU’s Gold Pride program. During his tenure, the department won 16 Champions of Character Team awards, two student athletes were voted Leroy Walker winners, and two head coaches were named Coach of Character. In March 2007, Wilson was inducted into the NAIA Men's Basketball Hall of Fame. He is the author of “The Ripple Effect” and currently serves as a partner with Comprehensive Athletics Consulting, LLC.In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Developing student leadership
- Creating a championship culture
- Hiring and job search tips
- ... and so much more!!!
Comprehensive Athletics Consulting: ComprehensiveAthleticsConsulting.comThe Ripple Effect: To Develop Character and Spiritual Formation
Articles of interest ...
- NAIA Honors Its Own
- Los Angeles Times: Wilson leaves legacy at VU
- Author Bob Wilson’s Newly Released“The Ripple Effect: To Develop Character and Spiritual Formation”Is a Must-Read Guide to Pursuing Christ-Like Excellence
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Tim Hall (Director of Athletics at UMBC) – Episode 095
- Tim Selgo (3x National Athletic Director of the Year) – Episode 052
- Alicia Jessop (Pepperdine Sports Law Professor & Founder of Ruling Sports) - Episode 047
- Rusty Kennedy (2017 River States Conference A.D. of the Year) – Episode 027
- Rob Miller (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference Commissioner) - Episode 017
- Larry DeSimpelare (Crossroads League Commissioner) - Episode 016
- Chad Briscoe (2017 Crossroads League A.D. of the Year) – Episode 014
- Kevin Harrington (Original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) - Episode 001
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”
124 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 32 mins duration .