Manage episode 229584145 series 1745938
Don Yaeger is a keynote speaker, corporate business leadership coach, 11-time New York Times Best-selling author and long-time associate editor for Sports Illustrated. As a speaker, he has worked with audiences as diverse as Fortune 500 companies, associations and leadership forums on the subject “What Makes the Great Ones Great.”
He has written 25+ books with, among others, Hall of Fame running back Walter Payton, UCLA basketball Coach John Wooden, baseball legend John Smoltz, and football star Warrick Dunn.
Throughout his writing career, Don has developed a reputation as a world-class storyteller and has been invited as a guest to almost every major talk show - from The Oprah Winfrey Show to Nightline, from CNN to Good Morning America.In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Living with Walter Payton in the months leading up to his death
- Being mentored by John Wooden
- The one book that he'd still like to write
- What makes the best the best
- ... and so much more!!!
Course: Journey to Greatnest
180 Consulting Inc. Website: Team180.com
Articles of interest ...
- Success: Don Yaeger
- You're Wrong to Hate the Patriots (Forbes)
- Boston Built Another Championship by Building a Better Environment
- Roger Goodell Won't Apologize for Bad Call and That's Bad for Business
Recommended Books ...
- Great Teams: 16 Things High Performing Organizations Do Differently by Don Yaeger
- Greatness: The 16 Characteristics of True Champions by Don Yaeger
- On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life by John O’Leary
- Teammate: My Journey into Baseball and a World Series for the Ages by David Ross & Don Yaeger
- I Beat the Odds: From Homelessness, to the Blind Side, and Beyond by Michael Oher & Don Yaeger
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Kara Lawson (WNBA star and NBA broadcaster) - Episode 113
- Jon Gordon (author of "The Energy Bus") - Episode 100
- Sue Enquist (Hall of Fame Softball Coach at UCLA) - Episode 077
- Ken Coleman (host of the "EntreLeadership" podcast) - Episode 072
- Todd Gongwer (Best-selling author of “LEAD… for God’s Sake”) – Episode 062
- Bob Burg (Best-Selling Author of the “Go-Giver”) – Episode 051
- Alicia Jessop (RulingSports.com) - Episode 047
- John Brubaker (Speaker, Award-Winning Author, Executive Coach) – Episode 024
- Kevin Harrington (Original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) - Episode 001
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of one of Don's great books. I have never read a bad Don Yaeger book. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”
123 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 32 mins duration .