Manage episode 234794318 series 1745938
Kevin Eastman is a corporate speaker and an internationally-known basketball clinician who brings his knowledge and experience in sports to the business world. He speaks on various topics, including championship culture, teamwork, leadership, motivation and individual success.
Over his 40 years in the game, Kevin has coached basketball at all levels, including 13 years in the NBA. He was a top assistant to Doc Rivers with the 2008 NBA World Championship Boston Celtics, and most recently served as an assistant coach and Vice President of Basketball Operations with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Kevin was raised in Haddonfield, New Jersey, and attended the University of Richmond, where he earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees. He was a scholarship student-athlete at Richmond and in recognition of his unique qualities as a basketball player, the University created the Kevin Eastman Award. The award, which has been awarded just five times in program history, is given to a player who exemplifies the qualities of team leadership, dedication, and outstanding play. He was inducted into the Athletics Hall of Fame at both Haddonfield Memorial High School and the University of Richmond.In today’s episode, we discuss:
- What makes the best the best
- The absolute most important word needed for success
- How to be truthful and "keep it real" with team members
- Being the best assistant or #2 possible
- ... and so much more!!!
Elite Training Camp (June 1-2, 2019): kevineastman.net/elitetrainingcamp
Facebook: Kevin Eastman Speaking
LinkedIn: Kevin Eastman
Recommended Books . . .
- Why The Best Are The Best: 25 Powerful Words that Impact, Inspire, and Define Champions by Kevin Eastman
- The 4 Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- Training Camp: What The Best Do Better Than Everybody Else by Jon Gordon
- God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours by Regina Brett
- The Leadership Playbook: Become Your Team's Most Valuable Leader by Jamy Bechler
Articles of Interest . . .
- Kevin Eastman writes his first book
- Eastman retires from the NBA
- Eastman on Program Building
- Words of Wisdom from a NBA Coach
Past "Success is a Choice" podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Kara Lawson (WNBA star and NBA broadcaster) - Episode 113
- Greg Tonagel (basketball coach at Indiana Wesleyan University) – Episode 106
- Gary Reasons (2x Super Bowl Champion) - Episode 105
- Chris Oliver (founder of Basketballimmersion.com) – Episode 104
- Jon Gordon (author of "The Energy Bus") - Episode 100
- Sue Enquist (Hall of Fame Softball Coach at UCLA) - Episode 077
- Pat Williams (Co-Founder of the Orlando Magic) - Episode 004
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) - Episode 001
"The average player wants to be left alone. The good player wants to be coached. The great player wants to be told the truth." (Doc Rivers)This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, Jon Gordon, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”