Manage episode 210858437 series 1444245
It’s the end of June so it’s time for another Mailbag episode. Kriss and Dpalm go through listener emails, hot topics and discuss their Pull-List for the month. This was a fun episode. We talk the changes at WB & DC and we have a real good conversation about what WB might need to do to turn their movies around (Hint: One-off movies isn’t a bad idea), Brie Larson is a bad ass (That’s My Captain Marvel) and Todd McFarlane is apparently desperate for Sony to distribute his Spawn movie.
Note, this was recorded before the DC Universe announcement. While DC Universe does seem to be bringing some good things (Titans, Young Justice Outsiders, etc) and will have some comics…it still doesn’t seem to be bringing a DC Unlimited feature unfortunately. You can look at the announcement here.
- Our favorite Dan Slott Spider-Man stories
- Do we think Emma Frost will ever be brought to the big screen again?
- Remember Geoff Johns worked on the first Green Lantern movie
- DC Comics shake up: http://www.comicsbeat.com/geoff-johns-out-as-dc-cco-jim-lee-in-but-here-comes-the-killing-zone-pop-up/
- Geoff Johns new comics: https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-green-lantern-corps-film-shazam-comic/
- WB decides the best business plan is to make good movies: http://www.slashfilm.com/future-dceu-films/
- Captain Marvel to be scored by Pinar Toprak, first female composer for MCU: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/captain-marvel-composer-score-pinar-toprak-1202847649/
- That’s My Captain Marvel – Brie Larson calls for more critics of color: https://variety.com/2018/scene/news/brie-larson-minority-film-critics-1202845853/amp/
- Topic of the Show:
- Would DCEU be better if Christian Bale stayed on as Batman?
- “From the Co-Creator of Venom…” – Todd McFarlane is either crazy or a crazy genius
- Pull-List (Not the complete list)
- Flash #48 – FLASH WAR!
- Green Arrow Vol 4
- Batman #48 & #49
- Amazing Spider-Man #801
- Thor #1 & #2
- Tony Stark: Iron Man #1
- X-Men Gold #30
- Darth Vader #17
- Lost Light
- Last Stand of the Wreckers
- Sins of the Wreckers
Kriss and Dpalm record the Mailbag at the end of every month. If you want to send in your own questions and thoughts, email us: Mailbag@MTRNetwork.Net
Follow us on Twitter:
Want more podcast greatness? Sign up for a MTR Premium Account!
Please take our Audience survey. It takes 5-10 minutes, is completely anonymous and will help us deliver a better show!
538 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 53 mins duration .