Manage episode 232155867 series 1607149
This episode, a frank and heartfelt discussion on the practice and benefits of Systema with Ivan Butsan - longtime student of Vladimir Vasiliev and an Instructor at Russian Martial Art HQ, Toronto. Few who have trained with Ivan at HQ will forget the experience. He is at once a powerhouse of structure, a skilled opponent, and for those who are open to his insights, a generous teacher and training partner.
He is also the author and presenter of a popular Systema Blog, detailing lessons and principles he has learned at HQ.
Here, we talk at length about:
- his first impressions of Systema
- how and why he started his Systema Blog
- the relationship between physical and psychological practice (including "energy work")
- why it's important to tailor your Systema (for proper fit)
- why he hates the phrases "stay loose" and "self defense"!
86 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours .