Manage episode 231340684 series 1046373
A couple weeks' back, we travelled to exotic downtown Indianapolis for TGC19. With so many book loving people in one place at the same time, we took the show on the road to chat with a few friends. On this episode, we're joined by Karen Swallow Prior to talk books and British literature, theology, pets, and few other things too. Listen in as we discuss:
- Will Dave's cats join him in the new creation?
- How does reading help us become virtuous?
- What challenges do the current (and forthcoming) generations face when it comes to reading?
- Why is reading classic works so difficult?
- Does anyone actually read Moby Dick?
- Which is more virtuous: using the cliff notes or watching the movie adaptation of a book?
- What do we really wish people understood about Jane Austen's books?
A few of the books we mentioned in this episode:
100 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 40 mins duration .