Manage episode 231787999 series 1046373
It's a podcast crossover! Ronnie Martin of The Happy Rant joins us in-studio in exotic Indianapolis to talk nostalgia, Christmas and romance novels, and trying to read theology.
And by "in-studio" I mean "in the hallway outside the exhibit hall at TGC."
Listen in as we discuss:
- Why Ronnie enjoys romance and Christmas novels
- What's really nice about writing for kids
- If the name "Joseph" is cult-y
- What are the boundaries of Ronnie's Christmas season?
- Is there a mindlessness to Christian living and theology books?
- Can you reach a saturation point with a type of book?
- Why Ronnie is anti-self-publishing
A few of the books we shared this time around:
- The Best Gift Ever Given by Ronnie Martin
- The Broken Road by Richard Paul Evans
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- A Die Hard Christmas by Doogie Horner and JJ Harrison (note: this one's got some content and language)
- All That's Good by Hannah Anderson
- Theology of the Reformers by Timothy George
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Luck Uglies by Paul Durham
Sharing and supporting the show
94 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 38 mins duration .