Manage episode 230883017 series 1046373
The Internet taught us something new: We're missing out on some huge opportunities with online book clubs, courses, and whatnot. So we're getting our thinking caps on as we workshop some ideas for the whatnot, and bring Dave's daughter along for the ride.
Listen in as we discuss:
- How does someone become an expert in anything?
- What online course should we each create?
- What books will you pay to be a part of online reading group to read with us?
- What books would be part of a heresy 101-type book club?
- How do you pronounce "against"?
And just for fun, we're going to start a new challenge: We're going to read a Nicholas Sparks book together—The Notebook—and we want you to join us! Hit us up on Twitter at @malcontentspod if you're in.
A few of the non-trash books we mentioned in this episode:
- Epic: The Story that Changed the World by Aaron Armstrong & Heath McPherson
- Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
- The Lion's Gate: On the Front Lines of the Six Day War by Stephen Pressfield
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- Wishes and Wellingtons by Julie Berry
- The Kings of Cool by by Don Winslow
108 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 43 mins duration .