Manage episode 232801326 series 1046373
The three of us read a lot of books, but even as guys who really like to read, there are too many books that are just way too long. Maybe you feel the same way. So today, we're back in the studio in Nashville to talk about some of our favorite books that are quick reads. Listen in as we discuss:
- How do we define "short" books?
- Are celebrity memoirs actually any good?
- How do we really feel about the books we are "encouraged" to read by our bosses?
- What is the best time of year to be in Nashville?
- Who will take the title of Most-Referenced Author from Leif Enger?
- Who is the most self-promo-y podcaster out there?
- Should we call Conan O'Brien's podcast hotline and invite him on our show?
As always, thanks to our sponsors:
- Lagares Roasters has partnered with us to make the Table of (mal)Contents blend. Pick up a bag (or 12) today.
- Gospel-Centered Discipleship, which produces resources to help make, mature, and multiply disciples of Jesus. Check out gcdiscipleship.com/books and enjoy a special discount on all ebooks by using the coupon MALCONTENT at check out.
A few of the books we discussed today:
- The Secret Diary of Hendrick Groen, 83 1/4 Years Old
- Shopgirl by Steve Martin
- The War of Art, Do the Work, and Nobody Wants to Read Your ****by Stephen Pressfield
- I Must Say by Martin Short
- Churchill by Paul Johnson
- The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer
- April 1865 by Jay Winik
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- The Great Divorce and A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis
- The Gospel and Marriage and the Mystery of the Gospel by Ray Ortlund
- Lincoln on Leadership by Donald Phillips
- The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
- Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
- The Green Ember series by S. D. Smith
- Awaiting a Savior by Aaron Armstrong
- A River Runs Through It by Norman Maclean
- The Search for God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield
- It Worked for Me by Colin Powell
- The Lion's Gate by Stephen Pressfield
101 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 40 mins duration .