Manage episode 235253701 series 1046373
Since Dave was being all professional and in a meeting, Barnabas and I decided to have a conversation about what might be the grossest phrase associated with writing: the writing process. What are the habits, practices, and disciplines that work for us? What does it look like to be writers who have jobs? Y'know, simple stuff like that. Listen in as we dig tackle the following topics:
- Which of us would prefer to live the romanticized version of the author's life
- What our writing processes actually look like
- Which is worse: Coldplay or Dave Matthews Band
- The best way to use humor in writing
- Why "writing like you speak" isn't great advice
The only books we mentioned on this episode are our own, so if you'd consider all of them up, that'd be amazing.
- Awaiting a Savior
- Epic: The Story that Changed the World
- Epic Devotions: 52 Weeks in the Story that Changed the World (available for pre-order)
104 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 43 mins duration .