Manage episode 194021432 series 22361
- That loss was excruciating. The conservative play calling on that last drive should be grounds to fire Robiskie tonight. Marcus was playing great. How you don’t either run it straight at them with Henry, or go off play action and let Marcus use his feet is beyond me when it’s third and 2. Instead another Murray shimmy that gets stuffed.Compare that to what the niners did straight after. Even when they were already in FG range they took a shot to the end zone. I know we say it every week but this coaching staff is killing our potential.On a lighter note after your defense of him on last weeks podcast I considered ending my #KeepMccainOffTheField campaign. Then I saw him give away a penalty on a third down and be constantly targeted (and mostly beaten) by the niners offense. So the campaign officially lives on.Hope you guys can give me some optimism for the end of the season.Matt in London
- I’m convinced that we’re not making the playoffs. I’m done with Mularkey... I don’t see his firing happening until this off season... The offense is atrocious!! Mularkey and Robiske are awful. I laugh when Mularkey throws challenge flags. Let’s wait and see if Robinson makes his money. Not making the playoffs should warrant a change. Extremely frustrated!Bryan Bates
- Hey Team Now that the season is over and we just missed the playoffs like last year, what do you think the major change if any needs to happen before 2018. 1 Coaching 2 Offense 3 Defense 4 Special Team 5 Ownership 6 Nothing we just needed another year under our belt Thanks, James
- Pro Bowl selections
- DE Jurrell Casey - 60 tackles, 28 quarterback pressures and five sacks.
- T Taylor Lewan
- P Brett Kern - leads the NFL in punt average (51.6) and net average (45.6); currently, if the season ended today, Kern’s gross average would break one of the NFL’s oldest records. In 1940, Washington’s Sammy Baugh established the league benchmark with 51.40 gross yards per punt.
- These players have been selected as alternates for the Pro Bowl
- ST Brynden Trawick
- TE Delanie Walker
- S Kevin Byard
- KR Adoree’ Jackson
- T Jack Conklin
- QB Marcus Mariota
- LB Brian Orakpo
- Pro Bowl snubs?
- S Kevin Byard - leads the NFL in interceptions
- TE Delanie Walker
- LB Wesley Woodyard
- Players starting to question the offensive scheme; want more no-huddle
- Titans in danger of not making the playoffs unless they can win 2 tough games; odds are around 65%
- Titans are -7 in turnover ratio
- Interesting stat: Mariota, this season, has the most touches in the NFL without a fumble
- Is it just me or are Titans players the most confused during the game?
- Titans @ 49ers
- Brice McCain returns to his old ways #KeepMccainOffTheField
- Mike Mularkey continues to lose challenges
- Still not a complete game from all 3 phases; defense let down the offense this time
- Specifically the secondary was a huge issue; no one seemed to want to cover the TEs
- Mariota seemed to get back on track going 22/33 for 241 yds and 2 TDs
- However, he did struggle to know when to take off and run
- More success in the no-huddle
- Walker dropped TD pass
- Jackson dropped INT in the end zone
- Streak of 8 straight games won when the game is decided by 4 points or less is now over
- Special Teams return game is still an issue
- Score Predictions:
- Michael: Titans 23 49ers 10
- Lindsey: Titans 16 49ers 9
- Eric: Titans 22 49ers 16
- Actual: Titans 23 49ers 25
- Titans vs Rams
- Titans injuries:
- CB Logan Ryan (ankle) - has not practiced; most likely out
- DT Karl Klug (groin) - has not practiced; most likely out
- LB Derrick Morgan (knee) - limited practice
- CB LeShaun Sims (hamstring) - limited practice (happened in practice)
- CB Kalen Reed has been inactive, but will most likely be brought up to play
- Mularkey hints at more no-huddle offense
- Can the Titans offensive line slow down Aaron Donald?
- Can the Titans front seven contain Todd Gurley? (already faced Lynch, Fournette, Gore, and Bell with no 100 yards rushing)
- Can the Titans secondary recover from the “Jimmy G” hangover and stop this potent passing game?
- Will the weather be a factor that slows down the Rams?
Pass Off vs Def
Run Off vs Def
Pass Def vs Off
Run Def vs Off
- Guests: Rams Talk podcast
- How the Titans can win
- Offense must use the passing game to open up the run
- Defense must create turnovers to give the offense a short field
- Return game must make a play to flip the field at least once
- STOP Todd Gurley
- Score Predictions:
- Michael: Titans 21 Rams 28
- Lindsey: Titans 27 Rams 23
- Eric: Titans 20 Rams 31
Stupid Question of the Week
- What one thing would you change right now to ensure the team makes the playoffs?
If you like what you hear and have the time, please go out to iTunes, give us 5 stars, and leave us a comment.
137 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 28 mins duration .