Manage episode 188850103 series 10594
Disability claims for veterans can take up to five years to process. Why? The VA has been plagued with problems for decades. Funding shortages, poor coordination, and a range of complex health issues faced by service members have all created barriers for vets seeking care. Amid increased attention on the problems, are improvements on the horizon?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Dr. Timothy Ballard – director at AK VA health system
- Carrie Epperson – Service center manager – Seattle region
- Samuel Hudson – AK VA Public Affairs
- Statewide callers
- Alaska VA Healthcare Facebook
Voluntary Services (Volunteering at VA Facilities)
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
230 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .