Manage episode 281356144 series 2394211
You know how powerful words can be to drive business. Whether it’s a presentation, sales pitch, creative ad, or other content, the right message can convert prospects into sales - even prospects who tell you to go screw yourself. The hard part is knowing exactly how to shape your message to rebound from harsh rejections. Paul Ross is an expert in this field and understands the power of language to convert ticked off leads into devoted followers.
Paul is an author, speaker, Master Hypnotist and Master Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming. For over 30 years he's taught tens of thousands of people the power of language to persuade, influence, sell, heal, and turn pain into passion.
Paul was a former dating coach who was trying to solve his own dating problems when he came across neuro-linguistics programming or NLP. This is the study of language to shape consciousness, inform decisions, and drives behavior. As he saw success with dating, he then used the same structure to perfect a sales model.
In this episode, he shares how powerful language can be to drive sales and how we need to step outside of the traditional box to drive deeper connections and create a state of consciousness with prospects - even the ones who express their disdain with colorful expletives.
Using Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Power of Language
- How Paul transformed his predicament of not being able to get a date, into becoming a dating coach
Language structures consciousness, shapes decisions, and drives behavior
- Taking his dating coaching to the next level of his business
- Author of Subtle Words That Sell
- The basic principles of deep, profound subconscious influence
Selling isn’t about getting your ideas into your prospect's mind, it’s about expanding their mind to include your ideas.
- Putting your clients/prospects in a ready to receive and believe state-of-mind
- How most of our thinking and perception is underneath the conscious level of awareness
You are a Decision Service Technician because you’re not selling your product or service, you’re selling decisions and good feelings about decisions.
- Supercharging your sales process
- How you can create an optimal state of mind for ultimate success
- Know the difference between making a sale vs. extending an opportunity
- Interrupting a negative expected pattern of behavior and turning the situation positive
- The first thing you need to focus on, with a prospect, if you want to make a sale
- How to get your prospect to believe you’re a leader (implied relationship terms)
A tactic identified, is a tactic disarmed.
- The importance of approaching sales from a position of serving others and expanding opportunities to them.
- How to build an implied relationship
I was involved in a joint venture that I poured a lot of money into but based the deal on many assumptions that were driven by ego. The deal blew up, but it taught me many lessons.
Most Recommended Book:
Winning through Intimidation: How to Be the Victor, Not the Victim, in Business and in Life (Robert Ringer)
Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions (Dan Ariely)
The Science of Enlightenment: How Meditation Works (Shinzen Young)
Wish I Knew When I Was Starting Out:
Hire someone else to keep track of the money.
How I can get better every day utilizing language
Best Place to Grab a Bite in San Diego, CA
Jimmy Carter’s Mexican Cafe
Paul Ross Book: Subtle Words that Sell