Lael Stone: Creating an emotionally safe school
Manage episode 329577215 series 3002635
In this episode, I'm joined by Lael Stone.
Lael is an educator, TEDx speaker, author, mother, and parenting counselor. She is also the co-creator of Woodline Primary School, an innovative new school based on emotional wellbeing and connection. Lael is the co-host of The Aware Parenting Podcast and a sought-after public speaker who talks candidly about her experiences and her great passion; creating wellness in families through connection and communication.
Listen to me speak with Lael about her journey with Woodline Primary School and her dream for an education system that prioritises emotional wellbeing for teachers and students.
- Think about what opportunities you have in your current environment that would allow you to prioritise connection and emotional expression. If you feel you have these opportunities, what can you try now? If you don't, what might you be able to influence in your environment to create space for this?
- Explore some of the resources below to learn more about trauma-informed practice or emotional expression.
Further learning related to this episode/references:
- Lael Stone's website
- Woodline Primary School
- How To Raise Emotionally Intelligent Children | Lael Stone | TEDxDocklands
- The Aware Parenting Podcast
- About Birth - online childbirth education classes
- About trauma-informed practice
- The Wisdom of Trauma documentary featuring Dr Gabor Maté
- How to Release Emotions Stuck in Your Body
- Punished by Rewards - book by Alfie Kohn
- Unconditional Parenting - book by Alfie Kohn
- Island - book by Aldous Huxley
- Check out Episode 10 on our Pinterest board
Learn more at teacherhealer.com
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.
Ditch single-use plastics