Reframing the purpose of education
Manage episode 306296334 series 3002635
Learn about the Teacher Healer podcast and host, Janine Meadley.
In this episode, I talk about why our world and education system needs healing. I go back through history to explore how Australia has inherited some habits that need healing and muse on the purpose of compulsory school education.
Your homework: Think about what’s going well in education and what the ingredients for real success might be. Why would you continue to send kids to school?
Further learning related to this episode/references:
- Do Schools Kill Creativity - Dr Ken Robinson
- RSA ANIMATE: Changing Education Paradigms - Dr Ken Robinson
- The Conversation: History repeating: the surprising link between toxic masculinity and Australia’s convict past
- The Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- UNESCO - Our Vision: Transforming Education for Humanity
- Check out our Episode 1 Pinterest board
Learn more at teacherhealer.com
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.
Ditch single-use plastics