Using breath to control the autonomic nervous system
Manage episode 326444580 series 3002635
Janine, host of the Teacher Healer podcast, talks about her recent experiences with breathwork and cold therapy and how these regulate the autonomic nervous system and could be used to improve the way we create a new normal post-pandemic.
Your homework: How could you use cold therapy and breathwork to come back into your parasympathetic nervous system, and how could you support the children in your life to do the same?
Further learning related to this episode/references:
- Wim Hof Official
- Good Lab - The Wim Hof Method
- Fight Flight Freeze Response
- Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Box Breathing
- What is Yoga Nidra?
- Cool 2Be Conscious
- Podcast: Why We’ll Never Be the Same Again (and Why It’s Time to Talk About It)
- Check out Episode 9 on our Pinterest board
Learn more at teacherhealer.com
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.
Ditch single-use plastics