Manage episode 216606959 series 2438003
In this episode we talk about:
- The US Postal Service employing autonomous vehicles
- How you can help make detailed 3D driving maps and get paid
- Amazon launching a delivery service, delivering to your trunk or in your house, and trying to get the .amazon top-level-domain
- AOL Instant Messenger is shutting down
- Researchers have figured out a way to see around corners
- Israel figured out that U.S. secrets were being leaked to the Russians via Kaspersky
- An Australia defense contractor lost 30 gigs of classified defense data because they didn't cahnge the default password on their router
Two fantastic tech recommendations!
PLUS there is a game in each episode. Listen closely and if you win you'll get some cool TTY shwag (read: stickers). Details in this episode!
- Prototype Prime: Prototype Prime is an incubator focused on early-stage hardware and software startups. We've got a design and development lab where hardware teams can utilize our 3D printers and our electronics manufacturing capabilities. In addition we've got a awesome podcast recording room where great shows like Tech Talk Y'all are recorded!
- The US Postal Service Is Working on Self-Driving Mail Trucks
- Your Next Gig: Map the Streets For Self-Driving Cars
- Amazon Is Testing Its Own Delivery Service to Rival FedEx and UPS - Bloomberg
- Amazon is in talks with Phrame and is working on a smart doorbell
- The Case of .Amazon and What It Means For ICANN
- AIM will be discontinued on December 15, 2017 - AOL Help
- An algorithm for your blind spot
- How Israel Caught Russian Hackers Scouring the World for U.S. Secrets
- Sensitive data stolen in Australia defence hack, China hand suspected
57 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 37 mins duration .