Manage episode 233992742 series 2101572
Can Minecraft Earth be the killer app for AR? Are the best and brightest shunning working at Facebook? Has drone maker DJI beaten GoPro at its own game? And do I have some killer weekend longreads suggestions? You better believe I do.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise to buy supercomputer maker Cray in $1.30 billion deal (Reuters)
- MINECRAFT EARTH GOES A STEP BEYOND POKÉMON GO TO COVER THE WORLD IN BLOCKS (TheVerge)
- Facebook has struggled to hire talent since the Cambridge Analytica scandal, according to recruiters who worked there (CNBC)
- Alphabet’s Wing will kick off Helsinki drone deliveries in summer 2019 (VentureBeat)
- DJI is out-GoProing GoPro with its own action camera (TechCrunch)
Weekend Longreads Suggestions:
- How the Promise of a $120 Billion Uber I.P.O. Evaporated (NYTimes)
- WHY I (STILL) LOVE TECH: IN DEFENSE OF A DIFFICULT INDUSTRY (Wired)
- Editorial: Why Apple created Apple TV+ rather than buying Netflix (AppleInsider)
- The Pivot (Asymco/Horace Dediu)
- AS COMMERCIAL SPACEFLIGHT TAKES OFF, THE AVIATION INDUSTRY GETS PROTECTIVE OF AIRSPACE (The Verge)
- The Fusion Reactor Next Door (NYTimes)
403 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 23 mins duration .