TTR: Episode 12 for the week of 8/30-9/5 2020 | We cover how small business can network the most effective these days, We have some tricks and best practices for networking | [Protect Yourself Today] covers Vishing Attacks and was your medical provider h
Manage episode 271042341 series 2713139
In Episode 12, We cover how small business can network the most effective these days, We have some tricks and best practices for networking | [Protect Yourself Today] covers Vishing Attacks, FBI engagement, and was your medical provider hacked? | We kick of the show with our [Top stories in 5 minutes] begins at covering Zoom being down for schools, Facebook to pay $125 million in back taxes and we close the show with our [Pick of the Day] Whiskey Tastings | Episode 12 for the week of 8/30-9/5 2020 - Mike Gorday Guest
“Welcome to TechTime Radio with Nathan Mumm, the show that gives you the "Hummmm"
Technology news of the week for Aug 30th - Sept 5th 2020.
---- [Top News in 5 Minutes]: Starts at 4:45
1) Zoom Is Down at the Worst Possible Time, Monday back to work and school. - Should Online Options be fail proof?
2) Facebook is going to pay $125 million in back taxes - Facebook confirmed.
3) Forget about broadband: ultra-broadband internet is almost here
A team of scientists from University College London have discovered a way how to dramatically increase data transfer rates over fiber-optic cables.
4) NOT ON THE SHOW - Ann Syrdal, Who Helped Give Computers a Female Voice.
As a researcher at AT&T, she helped lay the groundwork for modern digital assistants like Siri and Alexa. https://tinyurl.com/yyos4ruu
---- [Protect Yourself Today]: Starts at 13:37
1) Alert: Vishing Attacks Are Surging FBI, CISA Warn: Hackers Targeting Those Who Are Working at Home
The FBI and the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency warn that hackers are increasingly using voice phishing, or vishing, to target employees who are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. https://tinyurl.com/y2lxq5l5
2) FINRA Warns of Spoofed Websites Impersonating Real Brokers - Fraudster Could Use Sites to Steal Personal Data and Send Phishing Emails. https://tinyurl.com/yyybft4j
3) Medical Records Exposed via GitHub Leaks - Leaks Account for Exposure of PHI for at Least 150,000 Patients
The latest example comes from a new report that describes how nine U.S. organizations have exposed protected health information, or PHI, for a total of at least 150,000 patients. https://tinyurl.com/y5b78a6y
---- [Technology Insider] Main Segment: Starts at 21:50
How to Make the Most of Online Networking in Today’s World. Real examples of how you and others in the community use online networking to build your businesses on a day-to-day basis
---- GIVE AWAY FOOTBALL; Starts at 43:33
Join the TECHTIME RADIO FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE (YAHOO)
Win a Signed Football from Seahawk star WR - Tyler Locket and Hall of Fame 2014 Walter Johns. Sign up on website www.techtimeradio.com or by emailing Press@techtimeradio.com
---- [Gamer Time]: Starts at 45:28
Nathan Geek -vs- Super Analysis of Mike Gorday: Guess Who the Board Game
Board Game Feature:Guess Who? Nathan is using a computer algorithm vs Mike https://tinyurl.com/y46xbdht
---- [Pick of the Day]: Starts at 50:58
KNOB CREEK "9 YEAR OLD" SINGLE BARREL RESERVE BOURBON - $59.00 | 120 proof Nathan - Thumbs UP Guest | Mike Gorday - Thumbs UP