07: This episode covers Sports & Technology in MLB,NBA,NFL | TopNews in 5 min -4:30 | ProSports Core Story -10:00 | Uber and Lift during Covid-19 -27:09 | Two Truths and a Lie -38:50 | Gwenydd Way Guest | 7/26 - 8/01 2020
Manage episode 268474784 series 2713139
Technology news of the week for July 26th - Aug 1st 2020.
Top News in 5 Minutes: Starts at 4:30
1) When Amazon.com's venture-capital fund invested in DefinedCrowd, it gained access to the technology startup's finances and other confidential information. Nearly four years later, in April, Amazon's cloud-computing unit launched an artificial-intelligence product that does almost exactly what DefinedCrowd does.
2) Uber is destroying thousands of electric bikes and scooters, after selling its Jump business to Lime. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52832791
3)Twitter - Following Twitter's Saturday admission that someone subverted its employees to gain control of 45 high-profile Twitter accounts https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/18/twitter-says-45-accounts-hacked-during-bitcoin-sca/
4) Did not Cover on Show -
Sony’s wearable air conditioner is pretty cool - Can Sony’s latest gadget help beat the heat? https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/22/21333837/sony-reon-pocket-hands-on-wearable-air-conditioner-japan
Segment 1 [Technology Insider] - Virtual Fans in Sports - video games technology now in live sport events - Today we are talking about Virtual Fans and MLB, NBA and NFL
Next lets talk about Fox Sports using the Unreal Engine for simulating fans at the ball game. (Only with FOX at this time) https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-fox-sports-filled-empty-baseball-stadiums-with-virtual-fans
The NBA is using Microsoft Teams to bring basketball fans courtside. All thanks to a new Together Mode virtual feature https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/24/21337326/nba-microsoft-teams-together-mode-basketball-virtual-experience-fans
NFL- Gov. Phil Murphy (NEW YORK) has not completely closed the door on fans being able to attend New York Giants and Jets games at MetLife Stadium at some point this fall.
Segment Two [What I found on the Web] Issues regarding Covid-19 and Ride shares " When the COVID-19 pandemic struck, officials at Uber knew that they had significant sources of information about who people had been in contact with, something that could be very helpful for contact tracing efforts. That’s why they decided to fast-track a project that would allow health officials to request access to user data.
A COVID-19 death renews questions of Uber and Lyft's responsibility to drivers
Health union calls on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to issue a state-wide mask mandate.
Segment Three [Two Truths and a Lie]
1) A Helicopter Ride Over Mars? NASA's About to Give It a Shot https://www.wired.com/story/a-helicopter-ride-over-mars-nasas-about-to-give-it-a-shot/
2) Look, human, it’s the first photo of planets orbiting a sun 300 light years away https://thenextweb.com
3) Chernobyl mold could shield astronauts from deep-space radiation https://www.cnet.com/news/self-replicating-chernobyl-mold-could-protect-the-iss-from-space-radiation
"Pick of the Day" - BSB Brown Sugar Bourbon - $20.00 | 60 proof
Nathan - Thumbs Up | Gwenydd Way - Thumbs Up