Manage episode 239729312 series 2441077
I love Public Speaking. I share my tips in this Podcast.
10, 100 or 1000 people — I’m comfortable. That must be strange to read, that someone is ‘comfortable’ speaking in front of many others, on stage, in the limelight. Most people I speak to, absolutely hate it. They get so nervous, they can’t focus and they are very anxious. It seems to be universally feared, and I can see why.
You’re about to walk out, sweating, taking shallow breaths, running every terrible scenario that may occur through your head. What if a Viking warrior breaks through riding a T-Rex, what if I get heckled, what if no one laughs at my jokes that my mum said were funny? Clearly, only the first one is actually rational. #JustKidding
Here’s a few of my simple practical tips:
- Make sure you’ve drank enough water
- Eat well on the day and before
- Keep your hands apart and open up your body language
- Smile to yourself, wait for the hormone release, you’ll be surprised
- Don’t sit too much, stay limber
- Cough/clear your throat
- Wear comfy clothes
- Stand tall, good posture, roll shoulders back
- Drink water
- Pause…….. to emphasise….. key points
- Give people eye contact
- Celebrate and network!
When it comes to nerves — slow and control your breath, focus your mind on each and every breath, with real concentration. You’ll realise how calm you now are.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn for more.
READ MORE HERE