This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: TFPP – Flowstate Collective
When? This feed was archived on March 13, 2017 11:40 (). Last successful fetch was on March 11, 2017 12:55 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 163680623 series 1286900
Jonny Freesh is an artist, who expresses through rap and epically original music videos. I was introduced by our mutual friend, Mr Derek Loudermilk, who told me that Jonny would have a story or 2 to tell about flow states.
I love nothing more than talking to artists who slip into these states of heightened creativity and self-expression. On this past episode, I spoke to Dane Tomas about the connection between freestyle rapping and flow and its a topic I’ll happily revisit.
You see, freestyle rappers have been the subject of one of the most famous research studies into flow states and creativity.
Please make yourself comfortable, pour yourself a coffee/scotch/ coconut water and settle into this “flow chat” that Jonny and I get into.
What you will discover from Jonny Freesh
- How his creative juices get flowing
- The real struggle aspiring creative artists face to be recognised
- The choice we must all make between compromise and commitment
- What role ayahuasca and plant medicine ceremony work has played in both our lives
- How you can support this maestro of flow
Useful Jonny Freesh Links
- Jonny’s website: http://freeshrap.com/
- Roots Manuva (just a song not a video) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoceVRGf5k
- Watsky – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQOhIVcMj0
- Book about Scanners (People who have lots of different interests) – http://www.amazon.com/Refuse-Choose-Interests-Passions-Hobbies/dp/1594866260
- Book about memory athletes – http://www.amazon.com/Moonwalking-Einstein-Science-Remembering-Everything/dp/0143120530
The post TFPP 048: Jonny Freesh: Sparking the creative, psychedelic, hip-hopping flow appeared first on Flowstate Collective.
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 41 mins duration .