Manage episode 184822630 series 1068570
People That Had a Good Week
- Jay Cutler went from making $0 to making $10m this season.
- Mike Trout hit his 1,000th hit on his 26th birthday
- Bryce Harper becomes 14th in MLB history to hit 150HR before 25yo
- Devonta Freeman becomes highest paid RB in NFL history
- Corey Kluber becomes 3rd pitcher ever with 8+ K’s in 13 straight starts
- Chris Sale (strikes out 13) – 15 starts this year with 10+ K’s. 3rd since 2000 to do so. Johnson had 23, Pedro 15
Justin Gatlin Beats Usain Bolt, gets booed
The winner was Justin Gatlin, who came on late to prevail in a close finish in 9.92 seconds. Christian Coleman was second in 9.94; Bolt was third in 9.95.
Previously suspended for doping, each time claiming it was a false positive
After April 22, 2006 positive test, Gatlin’s coach claimed sabotage – “massage therapist Christopher Whetstine for rubbing a creme with testosterone onto Gatlin’s buttocks without his knowledge.”
- Gatlin accepted an eight-year ban from track and field, avoiding a lifetime ban in exchange for his cooperation with the doping authorities
- Reduced to 4 years.
Miami FC sues U.S. Soccer, FIFA. Wants promotion and relegation rules in U.S.
The teams claim FIFA rules require its members to adopt promotion and relegation rules.
99th PGA Championship Thurs-Sun
– Quail Hollow Club, Charlotte, NC
– Defending Champ: Jimmy Walker
2019 PGA Championship gets permanently moved from August date to May date. First time in 50+ years that the four majors will have a different permanent order (Currently: Masters, US Open, The Open, PGA Championship)
- Columbus Crew 10-12-2 – This saturday at home against a struggling chicago fire
- Cleveland Indians – 60-51, 1st in American League Central (3.5 game lead)
- Cincinnati Reds – 46-67, 5th in National League Central (13.5 games back)
- Baltimore Orioles – 56-57, 4th in American League East (1.5 back of WC spot)
- Phillies – 41-69 , 5th in National League East (24.5 back)
Sport of the Week: Keijo (listener Harry S)
Comes from the Japanese anime Keijo!!!!!!!! Yes, 8 exclamation points. 2-4 competitors stand on a platform over the water and try to bounce each other off with either their butts or their chests.
A group in Portugal is in the early stages of testing the sport even creating their own pads for protection.
The anime (a little NSFW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QEiuhkV2Ms
You can sign up for Portugal Keijo here: https://www.facebook.com/keijoPortugal/
The first public test of Keijo, will be a small tournament and will be on the 24th of september, in Lisbon.
Will a top ten odds golfer win the PGA Championship? (odds according to oddsshark: http://www.oddsshark.com/golf/pga-championship-betting-odds
Would You Rather:
Drink a gallon of milk and run a mile or eat 2 chipotle burritos and swim a mile?
367 episodes available. A new episode about every 2 days averaging 26 mins duration .