Manage episode 203864732 series 2281267
We get all springy with a selection of reverb pedals designed to sound like a great amp spring reverb.
This episode originally aired December 1 2017 as a YouTube video. https://youtu.be/K4eB_1OzU3A
What you're hearing hear is solely the audio, so our apologies if some things don't make sense like they would in the video.
Two of today's pedals contain real springs while the other three use digital business to emulate the sound. All the way through we have our trusty Fender Super Reverb amplifier for comparison, and a bit of light overdrive just for fun. Which one do you like best?
Enjoy the episode…
Pedals in this episode…
• TheGigRig Three2One
• ProAnalog Devices Manticore
• Carl Martin Headroom
• Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale
• TheGigRig G2
*Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 00:00
- Dribbling? 1:20
- What are we doing today? 2:00
- Today’s pedals: 3:37
- Bong? 4:45
- The Fender Super Reverb’s Reverb: 5:30
- Carl Martin Headroom: 11:58
- … compared with the Super Reverb: 12:30
- Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale: 19:00
- … and some ProAnalog Devices Manticore: 23:50
- … White Whale tremolo circuit: 25:35
- Tone City Tiny Spring: 26:46
- Pre-delay? 28:45
- JHS Spring Tank: 31:00
- Do you fear treble? 36:00
- JHS & CTC White Whale compared: 38:50
- J Rockett Audio Boing: 40:15
- Mick’s Mini Vent tangent: 45:02
- Let’s turn them all on: 46:35
Amps in this episode
• Fender Super Reverb (reissue) with 4 x 10-inch Jensen P10R speakers
We hope you enjoy this podcast. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
22 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 51 mins duration .