Manage episode 192101898 series 1322615
Happy (almost) Thanksgiving! I thought today's episode would be perfect for those of you traveling today or are on your way to a family function to tune in and bring a little sunshine to your life. Because that's what Alison Wu is, pure, radiant sunshine.
But beyond that, she's also an incredibly talented food, prop, and wardrobe stylist who specializes in healthy recipe development and making smoothies look out of this world good...that taste great too!
A lot of the episodes lately have been quite heavy or science-loaded, so I wanted a lighter episode that highlighted someone who brings positivity, creativity and art to the wellness space. Alison is one of those people who you just want to be friends with. And I not so secretly hope that bringing her on the podcast was the first step in becoming her friend!
Alison is just a ray of sunshine who delivers helpful tips in such a relatable way. Today's episode is no exception.
Here are some things we chatted about:
- Alison's journey and how she found herself as a food stylist
- Her biggest creative influences for recipe development and styling
- Why she was a vegetarian and then started eating meat again
- Tackling her food fears and eating intuitively
- Adaptogens and using plants to help balance her hormones
- Spirituality and her experience on an ashram learning yoga
- Intentionality and the trendiness of crystals and alternative healing methods
- Instagram algorithms and how to stay authentic online
- The many layers of self-care and how to individualize this practice
Mentioned in this episode:
- Sun Potion Transformational Foods (website)
Join The Healthy Maven Tribe to ask guest questions and to find out who will be on the show before anyone else:
Please don't forget to rate + review in iTunes if you love the podcast. Your comments and subscriptions help us make the podcast best for you!
Follow Alison Wu:
94 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 62 mins duration .