Episode 46: Plant Medicine + How to Enhance Your Yoga Practice with Cannabis with Dee Dussault from Ganja Yoga
Manage episode 196632730 series 1322615
I think the title of this post really gives away the topic of the podcast this week...Yes, you read that correctly! We're chatting Ganja Yoga with the incredible Dee Dussault and also about how cannabis can actually be good for you.
This is a topic of conversation that has come up frequently in my friend groups lately, so I figured it was about time we discuss it on the show. I know there are a lot of opinions around cannabis use and all I ask is that you go into this episode with an open mind. So much research has come out in the last 20 years showing the benefits of cannabis use so we'll be focusing on those, but also some of the reasons cannabis-use has been stigmatized. As more and more countries and states legalize it, I truly believe education around cannabis will become increasingly important and my hope is that it can start for some of you on the podcast today.
Besides Dee's knowledge around cannabis in the wellness scene, she is also an experienced yogi with over 20 years of teaching experience under her belt. She has a deep understanding of the human body and the importance of supporting it holistically. She's also super articulate and I truly feel she did the best job explaining ganja yoga for all to understand.
Here are a few other things we discussed in today's episode:
- Dee's background and how she launched Ganja Yoga
- Her first experience with cannabis both with and without yoga
- How cannabis can enhance your yoga experience
- How to break the stigma surrounding cannabis use
- How legalization of marijuana will change our use of cannabis in yoga
- The difference between THC and CBD and why choose one over the other
- Which strains to use if you're just starting out with cannabis
- Sexyflex yoga and how to use yoga to get in touch with your sexuality
- What's next for Ganja Yoga and how you can try it at home
Mentioned in this episode:
Dee's book - Ganja Yoga: A Practical Guide to Conscious Relaxation, Soothing Pain Relief, and Enlightening Self-Discovery
MoonMans Mistress paleo-centric edibles
Join The Healthy Maven Tribe to ask guest questions and to find out who will be on the show before anyone else!
Please don't forget to rate + review in iTunes if you love the podcast. Your comments and subscriptions help us make the podcast best for you!
Follow Dee and Ganja Yoga:
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 58 mins duration .