The 300 Pounds and Running Podcast: Running Tips | Running Advice | Running Interviews | Running Inspiration | 5k |10k | Half-Marathon | 26.2 | Marathon | Couch to 5K | C25K
300PAR 006: How Corey Louchiey Went From NFL Linemen to Marathoner!?!
Manage episode 171230155 series 1334853
Corey Louchiey is a noted philanthropist, accomplished business executive, and decorated former professional athlete. Additionally, he is the Co-Founder of First & Life, a training and development company that teaches individuals and companies across the country how to be a catalyst for positive change. Most importantly he is a big Black guy who loves to run in the rain. In this podcast Corey talks to us about who he is, his journey from the NFL to running, lastly he gives Goal Crushes advice on how to make lasting lifestyle changes. In life...anything that is easy...is it really worth it? Because if it was easy everyone would be doing it! -Corey LouchieyShow Notes
- 1:55 - Learn more about Corey Louchiey- Life began after I retired!
- 5:05 - Corey explains how his weight and health shifted after leaving the NFL. - My health truly shifted when I moved to New York...I lost my way. I was focused on everyone and everything except for my health.
- 11:57 - Find out when Corey knew it was time to make it a change in his life... - What good is life if you are not living it!
- 15:01 - Learn the steps Corey took to take control of his health. - I joined a 24 hour gym...that way I had no excuses!
- 18:50 - Corey shares how he first discovered running - How do other people run 6, 7, 8 miles and I was having trouble running one mile.
- 25:33 - Find out how running has impacted other aspects of Corey’s life. - If I can run at 300 pounds in the middle of the summer...I figured that there is nothing that I couldn't mentally or physically do.
- 28:25 - Learn about Corey’s favorite products - It’s all about diet and lifestyle for me.
- 31:03 - Corey’s advice for new runners and those would like to change their lifestyle. - I have a PhD in life!
- 39:54 - Learn about Corey’s Health Goals for this year
- 41:02 - Words of Wisdom from Corey. - Live your life without regrets!
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Health master blender
- My FitnessPal
- Hot Chocolate Race
- San Diego Marathon
- Zero to Running E-Book
How do I contact Corey Louchiey
In episode 5, we sat down with Carli Fierce from Running into Shape and we talked about how to go to from fat to fit to fierce! Carli Fierce talks who inspired her and what keeps her motivated to keep running. Check out 300 Pounds and Running Podcast episode 5 now!I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners. But it is even more important to me! I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to. I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast. That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments. A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!
35 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 45 mins duration .