Manage episode 234129703 series 49427
Streamed live on May 3, 2019.
South America, especially the Atacama Desert in Chile has become one of the best places in the world to put a telescope. It's dry, high, and the nights are clear. Today we'll talk about the monster telescopes already in operation in this region and the big ones coming soon.
Want to support CosmoQuest? Here are specific ways you can help:
* Donate and challenge your friends to donate too! https://tiltify.com/+cosmoquest-suppo...
* Donate! (Streamlabs link) https://streamlabs.com/cosmoquestx
* Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosm...
* Help us find sponsors by sharing our program and fundraising efforts through your networks
* Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
* Sponsor 365 Days of Astronomy http://bit.ly/sponsor365DoA
* A combination of the above!
We've added a new way to donate to 365 Days of Astronomy to support editing, hosting, and production costs.
Just visit: https://www.patreon.com/365DaysOfAstronomy and donate as much as you can!
Share the podcast with your friends and send the Patreon link to them too!
Every bit helps! Thank you!
Do go visit http://astrogear.spreadshirt.com/ for cool Astronomy Cast and CosmoQuest t-shirts, coffee mugs and other awesomeness!
http://cosmoquest.org/Donate This show is made possible through your donations.
Thank you! (Haven't donated? It's not too late! Just click!)
The 365 Days of Astronomy Podcast is produced by Astrosphere New Media. http://www.astrosphere.org/
1612 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 27 mins duration .