Manage episode 182667572 series 49427
Paul Hill, Ralph Wilkins and Jenifer Millard host. Damien Phillips and John Wildridge produce.
The Discussion: Combating light pollution for the AstroCamp in the Welsh Brecon Beacons and fighting to help the National Park retain its International Dark Sky Reserve status. Then we turn our attention to politics in space science and listeners’ views on politics in podcasts.
The News: Rounding up the space and astronomy news this month we have:
- Another gravitational wave detection and what we’re learning from it
- The European Space Agency’s latest mission approvals
- NASA’s last exoplanet data dump from the Kepler mission
- China’s experiment observing long distance quantum entanglement
- Britain’s ambitious space ambitions and Europe freezing out the UK
- Has the origin of the Wow Signal finally been solved?
- How common are the ingredients for life in the universe?
The Hat of Woo: This month we look at EM drives and NASA’s cover up hiding the warp drive they’ve developed at their super-secret Eagleworks and aren’t using but they definitely, definitely have it. Honestly.
Enter the code for this week into this site: https://cosmoquest.org/achievements/code for a chance to win.
This week's code is 8kVSP3
Do go visit http://astrogear.spreadshirt.com/ for cool Astronomy Cast and CosmoQuest t-shirts, coffee mugs and other awesomeness!
http://cosmoquest.org/Donate This show is made possible through your donations.
Thank you! (Haven't donated? It's not too late! Just click!)
The 365 Days of Astronomy Podcast is produced by Astrosphere New Media. http://www.astrosphere.org/
While you're at it, do support our Learning Space educator training program by going to this site:
Please help us keep training the trainers! Learning Space is a weekly G+ Hangout on Air about topics in astronomy education, outreach and other ways to share science both in the school setting and outside it. We bring you interviews, hands-on demonstrations, lists of our favorite educational resources and more!
1004 episodes available. A new episode about every day averaging 29 mins duration .