Manage episode 322718455 series 2509826
We hear a lot about digital transformation, and my guest Helena Nimmo thinks this term is outdated and should be replaced with digital acceleration.
She argues that Digital Transformation suggests that you have a blank canvas and that is rarely true, she prefers to talk about Digital Acceleration and building on what you already have.
Helena knows a lot about this subject as the Chief Information Officer for Endava, a public technology company that is reimagining the relationship between people and technology.
Helena joined Endava in 2019 and has been in the technology industry for over 20 years. A native of Finland, she started her career at Finnish technology giant Nokia in the logistics division before joining Symbian software and moving to London in 1999. She also worked in senior roles in publishing with Euro Monitor and Thomson Reuters.
Helena thinks that data is what makes technology relevant, and prefers the term “digital acceleration” to that of “digital transformation”.
In this episode we discussed:
- How a CIO needs to manage “Shadow IT” in an organisation
- How the pandemic exposed issues of digital breakage
- The extra tools a CIO needs to support a distributed workforce
- Why boards should be taking cybersecurity more seriously
- The industries that have more rapidly adopted digital acceleration projects
- Helena’s views on digital literacy
- Her key learnings as a manager during the pandemic
- How to stay up to date with all the new technologies and platforms that are appearing
Your Host: Actionable Futurist® Andrew Grill
For more on Andrew - what he speaks about and replays of recent talks, please visit ActionableFuturist.com
follow @AndrewGrill on Twitter
or @andrewgrill on Instagram.