Mining the depths of film entertainment for all mankind. With Scott Johnson, Brian Dunaway, Randy Jordan, and Brian Ibbott.
Manage episode 216115293 series 1354907
By Rinaldo Ugrina, Alex Berman, and Chairman of Experiment 27. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Ari Lubet is a literary manager and producer at 3 Arts Entertainment. After graduating from film school at the University of Wisconsin in 2007, Ari began his career in the film industry as an assistant to a literary agent at Creative Artists Agency and to Michael Sugar at Anonymous Content. Ari represents writers and directors in television and film, as well as novelists and comic book creators. He is currently producing the second season of the Netflix original series AMERICAN VANDAL which won a 2018 Peabody Award and received nominations for the 2017 Critics’ Choice Awards and WGA Awards. Ari Lubet is an executive producer of American Vandal, an American television mockumentary series that premiered on Netflix in 2017. The series is a satire of true crime documentaries such as Making a Murderer and Serial. Netflix renewed the series for an eight-episode second season, which will premiere in 2018. This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the discovery call script & questions template HERE. In this episode you'll learn:
- [02:10] How did Ari become a producer on American Vandal
- [04:10] How did American Vandal came to be as a project
- [05:45] How often is Ari getting pitched
- [07:45] Put yourself in the shoes of the executive
- [09:00] When you know you know
- [09:55] How to package the deals together
- [11:30] How to fit a showrunner and a young creative
- [17:40] How 3 Arts facilitates connections
- [21:08] B2B sales in the movie business
- [22:03] About dropping projects
- [24:50] What is Ari looking for in young talent