Manage episode 212008379 series 2391207
This episode is a conversation about the media and advertising in our digital age as much as it is about entrepreneurism, risk-taking and decision-making. My guest is Howard Bareham. Howard is a long-time media, advertising and sales expert who has worked for and with some of the biggest names in the business – for instance Saatchi and Saatchi and WPP.
Howard has had an extraordinary career starting from the ground floor of the industry and working his way up. Recently however, Howard made a bold move and decided to start his own firm, Bareham Media. Shunning the perception that “Howard doesn’t do that”, he has moved ahead and discusses his decision to do so, how he has planned for this and provides a number of other insights that will help anyone making a major decision and taking some new risks. We talk about:
- Howard’s background in advertising and media, including an infamous “packet of Pole mints” incident;
- How advertising and the media have changed – and how they haven’t (BTW – this episode was recorded before the Facebook and Cambridge Analytica scandal);
- His entrepreneurial journey;
- Networking and prospecting;
- Enlisting the support of family and friends;
- Negotiation and deal-making
- Loads more!
Howard is very engaging and I am sure you are going to get a lot from his experience and insights.
Howard on LinkedIn
Like what you heard? Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
Find all episodes here: www.allthingsrisk.co.uk
99 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 74 mins duration .