Manage episode 175422583 series 1231990
This week, we discuss risk in love and relationships. I must admit, it isn’t the type of topic that I feel comfortable discussing and if you were to ask me two years ago what the chances of me hosting a podcast episode on this, I’d tell you the chances would be infinitesimally small. And yet, this being a podcast on risk, here we are.
My guest this week is Erik Newton. Erik is a former family law attorney (i.e. divorce lawyer) who describes himself as “someone who has been through a thousand divorces and still believes in love.” He has a unique and real-world understanding of what makes some marriages thrive and others fall apart. He now works with couples to build healthy relationships. He is the co-founder of Together, a site and podcast that provides people with tools for success in relationships. Erik is also a marriage commissioner and has married over 180 couples.
We had an awesome, insightful and incredibly fun conversation that covered:
- Erik’s background – and how he got into practising divorce law in the first place (he doesn’t strike one as the lawyer type!);
- What he learned about relationships as a divorce lawyer;
- Common causes of divorce;
- Conflict in relationships;
- Being present in relationships;
- Monogamy and open relationships;
- Online dating
- And so much more!
Erik’s site Together – www.together.guide
On Twitter - https://twitter.com/together_show
On Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/togethershow/
On Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/together_show/
On Google+ - https://plus.google.com/114215807768973711486
Jiddu Krishnamurti - http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/
Sex At Dawn by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá
The Ethcial Slut by Dossie Easton and Catherine A. Liszt
Did you like what you heard? Subscribe to the All Things Risk podcast, leave a rating or review, and share it on social media:
Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
- iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmKh
- Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast
- Subscribe on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ben-cattaneo
110 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 75 mins duration .