Archive this series
Building personal resilience involves taking care of both body and mind. To help do this, many people are increasingly turning to “alternative medicine” as Western medicine seems inadequately equipped to deal with disease prevention and optimal performance. At the same time, the world of alternative therapies is fraught with confusing information and dishonest practitioners.
This is why Dr. Kathy Gruver’s work is so valuable. Kathy is my guest in this week’s episode. She is someone who can bridge the gap between Western medicine and alternative therapies. Kath is a health expert, author, television host and speaker. Kathy has for many years focused on the mind-body connection and alternative medicine.
Kathy is the author of a book called The Alternative Medicine Cabinet and is the host of a television show of the same name. Kathy is also an expert on stress management. While this is a bit of a shorter episode because Kathy had a limited time window, we still covered loads of great stuff including:
- Health and the core components of health;
- Alternative medicine and how it can be viewed as a complement to Western medicine;
- Stress how to manage it;
- How to make changes that stick;
- How to spot potentially bogus alternative therapies;
Kathy’s website - http://www.kathygruver.com/
Kathy on Twitter - https://twitter.com/KLGruver
Kathy on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/DrKathyGruver4health/
Kathy on Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathygruver/
Kathy on Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Gruver
Did you like what you heard? Subscribe to the All Things Risk podcast, leave a rating or review, and share it on social media:
Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
- iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmKh
- Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast
- Subscribe on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ben-cattaneo
68 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 69 mins duration .