Manage episode 232726067 series 1277688
Welcome To Episode #124 of the Amazon FBA Private Label Show Podcast!
In this episode I talk about the dark sides and negative aspects of being an online entrepreneur that nobody talks about in our community.
Listen to this Amazon FBA Podcast!
[powerpress]The Dark-sides of Entrepreneurship and Selling on Amazon FBA - EP124
Quitting your job to start your on online business can be a very exciting thing. Selling on Amazon FBA can be very financially rewarding and can literally change your life. There are a lot of positives to being your own boss and working from home. While the freedom to travel and live the laptop lifestyle often appears glamorous for many reasons there are actually a lot of drawbacks and negatives that you need to be aware of.
In this podcast I share some of the dark sides of becoming an online entrepreneur. Most people in our community don't often talk about these things so I figured I would share my point of view on the topic.TOPICS DISCUSSED:
ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS LONELY
- Lack of daily human interaction
- Traditional employment offers more daily interaction and socializing
- Depression is high for entrepreneurs
- Work in coffee shops, co-working spaces and attend meetups
WORK LIFE BALANCE IS HARD
- Being a business owner requires lots of time commitment
- Work to build a schedule that allows for free time as needed
- Have designated work areas and non work areas in your house
BEING YOUR OWN BOSS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
- You need to create your own structure and plan your time wisely
- Holding yourself accountable can be challenging
- Working for a traditional employer creates automatic structure and accountability
- You need to buy your own healthcare coverage which can be expensive
- Poor eyesight and poor health from sitting and staring at a screen all day
- It's important to schedule time to exercise weekly
- Your health is your wealth
Not a member of the Facebook Mastermind group yet?
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
For all other resources and tools that I use in my Amazon business please see the resources link.
Tax Jar – This is by far the most popular software tool that helps sellers collect and file sales taxes. It integrates smoothly with all the popular selling platforms such as Amazon and Shopify. I currently use Tax Jar for online sales tax collection and filing.
If you felt you got any value out of this podcast, then please support me with an iTunes review. It's simple to do! Just click here to head to iTunes and leave an honest rating and review of the podcast. Every review helps!The Dark-sides of Entrepreneurship and Selling on Amazon FBA - EP124
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 33 mins duration .