Making It is a weekly audio podcast hosted by Jimmy Diresta, Bob Clagett and David Picciuto. Three different makers with different backgrounds talking about creativity, design and making things with your bare hands.
Manage episode 254299356 series 73162
By Dawn H.. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Subscribers! Be sure to go to the blog to read the description easier & check out links for this episode!
Older fans often talk about how much they miss the look of anime that was hand drawn & painted on cels, but if you’re a younger fan you might have thought at some point, “What does that mean, exactly? What are cels?” Or maybe you’re an older fan and have always been curious about the world of cel collecting, but never knew where to start. Well, you’re in luck! Long time collectors Stephanie & Jen join me in today’s episode to have a convo with me all about them, and their experience with collecting cels for over 20 years! How do they store them? What are some things you should know? Even I learned new things about cels, so maybe you will too!
Stream the episode above or [Direct Download]
Subscribe on itunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify
- Learn more about cel collecting & connect with other collectors at the longest running, still active anime cel forum, Anime-Beta!
- Anime Cel Collectors group on Facebook
- Jen & Stephanie’s main cel gallery at Rubberslug
- Their side gallery for cat-themed cels!
- Yahoo! Japan shopping service Buyee that Stephanie recommends for proxy buying
- Buy the classic Itoya portfolios for cel storage
- Follow Stephanie & Jen on Twitter!
- My theme song is performed by Kerobit! Find more of Kerobit’s music on InazumaKick.com!
As always, feel free to leave me your thoughts on this episode or ideas for future episodes here—or email me directly at AnimeNostalgiaPodcast@gmail.com.Thanks for listening!