Manage episode 270624224 series 73162
Subscribers! Be sure to go to the blog to read the description easier & check out links for this episode!
Next month, Rumiko Takahashi’s beloved romantic comedy manga Maison Ikkoku will finally return to print in English! So what better way to celebrate one of my absolute favorite manga with an extra-long episode all about this heartwarming series?! And joining me is a brand-new guest to the show: comic & zine artist and fellow Maison Ikkoku lover, Jenn Woodall! Come listen as we give an overview of the manga, why this series is still so timeless, and why the residents of Ikkoku continue to live rent-free in our hearts forever!
The first half of this episode is major spoilers free, major spoiler filled talk starts at around the 1:18:30 mark and lasts the rest of the episode! Also please note that this episode contains brief discussion of sexual relationships between consenting adults.
- Read a preview of Maison Ikkoku: The Collector’s Edition Vol 1 at Viz.com!
- Order Maison Ikkoku: The Collector’s Edition Vol 1 at Rightstuf or Amazon!
- Check out “Life At Maison Ikkoku”, one of the only Maison Ikkoku fanpages still up and running!
- The results of the Rumiko Takahashi Mega Poll done by NHK (in Japanese), which we briefly talked about
- How to cook the base for the recipe of the infamous dish Kyoko cooks for Godai (to make Kyoko’s version, you need to add sirloin, carrots, and top with hard boiled eggs!)
- Follow Jenn on Twitter & Instagram, and check out her art at jennwoodall.com!
- My theme song music was done by Kerobit! You can find more of their music at Inazumakick.com!
Support the work I do on this podcast by leaving me a tip on Ko-fi! Want to have your name read in the special thanks segment on the next episode? All you need to do is buy me 2 or more “coffees” on Ko-fi!
As always, feel free to leave me your thoughts on this episode or ideas for future episodes here—or email me directly at AnimeNostalgiaPodcast@gmail.com.
Thanks for listening!