This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on September 30, 2018 01:26 (). Last successful fetch was on June 20, 2018 08:35 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 93596035 series 75971
This week on The Anti-Casserole Podcast, we get into the realities of women in the workplace, particularly in the Non-Profit sector. We bring up challenges that we have faced and how these challenges are indications of systemic issues despite how much we ‘lean in’, be more ‘confident’ or work through our lunch breaks.
We had to take a short, unintended necessary break last week. Thanks for the patience!
Shout out to Hip Hop Artist and Producer, Noyz, for our theme music.
We want to hear from you! Tweet us @AntiCasserole or comment below.
Additional show notes below.
Resources Mentioned in Show:
- Confidence Game: The Problem with ‘Lean in’ by Linda Gordon (article)
- Think Like a man, Act Like a Lady, Work like a Dog (Yep, It’s an actual book from 1979)
- Why Women Still Can’t Have it all (article)
- Why Women Apologize and Should Stop (article)
- Beyond the Non-Profit Industrial Complex by Incite!
- Origin of the 8-hour work day and why we should rethink it (article)
- The Average Worker is only productive for 3-hours a day (article)
- How our engineering environments are killing diversity (article)
“Women in tech are the canary in the coal mine. Normally when the canary in the coal mine starts dying you know the environment is toxic and you should get the hell out. Instead, the tech industry is looking at the canary, wondering why it can’t breathe, saying “Lean in, canary. Lean in!” When one canary dies they get a new one because getting more canaries is how you fix the lack of canaries, right? Except the problem is that there isn’t enough oxygen in the coal mine, not that there are too few canaries.”
- Canada is far from breaking the glass ceiling over women in the workplace (article)
- 21 Proven Ways to Overcome Imposter Syndrome (article)
- Finding Nemo – Swim Down Together (video)
To make sure you don’t miss a single episode of the podcast, subscribe with your favorite platform.
Review the Podcast in iTunes:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review The Anti-Casserole podcast in iTunes. That one small action can really help us get the Anti-Casserole out to more people! Here’s a quick 2-minute video to show you exactly how it’s done.
Powered by Canada’s leading web hosting service: HostPapa
12 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 29 mins duration .