Manage episode 298316885 series 2291328
In today’s episode, we cover human connection and networking with Susan McPherson. Susan has 25+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, and sustainability communications, and is the author of The Lost Art of Connecting: The Gather, Ask, Do Method for Building Meaningful Relationships.
As we emerge from lockdown, connecting and reconnecting can feel difficult, so what can you do to set yourself apart, forge lasting connections with those you meet, and reconnect with friends you haven’t spoken to in years?
What to Listen For
- How lonely and disconnected are we according to science – 3:05
- Why does negativity spread more on the internet than positivity?
- What is the Gather, Ask, Do method and how can you use it to form stronger connections with the people around you?
- The critical objective of today’s youth in a digital age – 14:38
- What is the power of reciprocity and how can it help you grow an amazing network?
- What questions can you ask if you genuinely want to help the people around you?
- What questions should you avoid at all cost if you sincerely want to help people?
- Tips for introverts to connect better – 28:24
- What is pre-connecting and how can you use it to make networking easier and less stressful while also being more effective as an introvert?
- What should you focus on when meeting people at networking events and what should you NOT focus on?
- What tips can you use to reconnect with people after the pandemic/lockdown?
- The big myths around connecting with others – 44:40
- What simple tips can you use to amplify your effectiveness when meeting people and creating unforgettable first impressions?
- What are the best five follow up tips when networking to make sure your hard work doesn’t go to waste?
Connecting with others is one of the key ways to get ahead. With the tips and strategies in this episode, you’ll create deep connections and your connections will multiply exponentially. Even as an introvert, you can forge lasting relationships and reconnect with old friends you haven’t spoken to in years. Take these lessons from our experts on how to become a force of nature who gets things done effortlessly while creating lifelong bonds along the way!
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 13,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
The Lost Art of Connecting by Susan McPherson
5 Ways to Listen Better TED Talk by Julian Treasure
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.