Manage episode 239681401 series 2451049
Be sure to sign-up for a free sample and updates regarding my online course Bought In which goes live again August 27th: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/
If you want to dive deeper into program design and how I approach it, see the link below!
You can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50). This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com/brett
On today's episode, I address one of the most commonly asked questions in all of strength and conditioning and that is the question of "What is the single best exercise for performance gains?". I receive this question or some other variation of this question all of the time. I understand that people's curiosity of this question is brought on by trying to make sense of the overwhelming amount of information in the performance world and that is why I wanted to do an episode covering this topic.
· Understanding the programming of a particular athlete based on athlete's needs
· Understanding the specific program and movements involved
· Why an exercise is not delivering performance gains
· How an exercise should be applied
· No program comes down to one exercise
· Integration of an exercise program
· Understanding situation, circumstance, and setting of an athlete