Manage episode 296282923 series 83304
Do you know how you can DIY your own PR to tell your story?
In this episode, Cher Hale is joining me to talk all about this and share her expertise!
We are diving into how to use the media to tell your story in your own voice, how you can help others tell their story, and how to overcome the things that keep you from putting yourself out there.
Cher Hale is the founder and director of Ginkgo PR, a boutique agency that believes in using public relations to amplify the voices of underrepresented and marginalized groups.
As a Taiwanese-Black American woman, Cher is passionate about leveraging the power of media to tell diverse stories through online, print, TV, and podcast mediums so she can play a role in reshaping how our society views social justice, feminism, and multiculturalism. To connect with her, you can access her free Pitch List library by signing up at ginkgopr.com/subscribe.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- How the media tells stories and why they do it repeatedly
- What to think about if you want to own your message and take back your narrative
- Examples of socialization that leads to certain behavior
- How to move beyond the fear of “rocking the boat”
- Strategies for identifying your target client and pitching yourself
- The benefit of becoming a credible source within the mainstream media
- How people with a platform can help others tell their story
- Why you need to be able to tell your story with eloquence and a deep understanding of your purpose
- How to be a great publicist for yourself
We have never had an episode like this on the podcast before, and it is so valuable. I took so many notes on all of these things!
All of the topics and resources that Cher is talking to us about will help you share your story and your brilliance! It is so important to create more awareness for yourself, so tune in to hear how!
I want to invite you to apply for my Accelerator Coaching Program! This is for those of you that already have some success but want to scale and optimize toward seven figures or more while working less. You can apply at rickmulready.com/accelerator!
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Full show notes available at www.rickmulready.com/508
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.