Manage episode 192809897 series 1785498
Author B.D. Foley shares tips from his new book "CIA Street Smarts for Women: How to Tell the Prince from the Predator." Learn tips and tricks on how to discern whether he's really a "good guy" or not. Techniques to draw out his true colors before you've decided to go on that second date. Learn critical information that can help you nip abuse in the bud early and STAY AWAY from abusive men.
Key Points from B.D.'s Street Smarts Conversation:
- Importance of tuning in and listening to your gut.
- Women are well-equipped with a sixth sense to tap into. They often "knew" when something bad was going to happen such as rape or an attack.
- The importance of "testing" the person to see if they have dangerous traits such as anger and arrogance. [18:00]
- Using elicitation and compliments to draw out his or her true character traits.
- Why being comfortable with "offending" someone is important.
- Importance of drawing clear and firm boundaries early in a relationship and first meeting.
- Being safe with first dates, especially internet dates.
- Meeting for coffee in a public place vs. out to dinner and drinks where you may be more vulnerable.
- Why dinner dates create more vulnerability ex. ploys to trade equal favor i.e. you owe me. And the vulnerability of alcohol as a way to dull your alert system and give him a way in.
- The assumption ploy. Statements to draw out his true response.
Note: Operational testing is only limited by your creativity. Have fun with it! This is your well being and your future, treat it with the high stakes respect it deserves. The Book (affiliate link)CIA Street Smarts for Women: Spy Skills to Tell the Prince from the Predator
53 episodes available. A new episode about every 30 days averaging 41 mins duration .